Smartphones have become an integral part of our lives. Since the turn of the decade, there has been an exponential increase in the number of smartphone users. Thus, for any business to now take off, having its own app is a necessity. Apps, not websites, are the new gateways for bringing in new consumers and in turn, new revenue options. But any app is as good as its design. An aesthetically pleasing design and you have a huge following giving you the breathing space to improve other aspects of the app.
But how does Codifier approach the task? Here is the lowdown on how the process works:
- Researching for the design: Designing an app is completely different from designing a website. Are you designing an app for a sports channel or something for car driving enthusiasts? Do you want it to be consistent with minimal changes in future releases or does your Codifier wants something that could be altered every now and then to maintain that “Wow” factor.
- Studying the competition: “What” you do matters more so when you take into account “How” it is already being done. If you are planning to develop a food ordering website, then how different would it be from the current apps out there? Are you planning to make the payments with one-tap or are you planning to have a pop up for favorite menu items for a particular user?
- Working on Mobile app navigation is the most vital part of any app. The easier it is for people to find what they are looking for, the more traffic your app generates. Here, being conventional is a good choice to make.
- Choosing the right typography is equally important as the limited mobile screen space needs to be used as effectively as possible
- Mobile app design color scheme is the factor that comes next. Picking out colors that complement each other helps in attracting the users so that they keep coming back for more. On the contrary, clunky design results in less visitors.
- Finally, the testing is a must before launching the app. Does the app orientation remains the same upon changing the screen from vertical to horizontal? Does the color suffer from inconsistencies upon navigating? The sooner the issues are found and fixed, the better the end results for Codifier.
A good design always an advantage. How? Read on to find out:
- An addictive design leads to visitor retention thereby enabling the company to be sure about its forecasts for annual growth and set targets.
- A good design requiring lesser tinkering leads to a stable product thereby a popular app and greater revenues
- A good design may lead to a good product and thereby higher growth but the contrary is not true.
- With a good design, launching new subsidiary apps or sister apps have a head start over the other apps upon being launched.